Deadline for applications: Tuesday 8th June
Why this role is important to Mark+Fold
Everything we do relies on good systems behind the scenes. This new role is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, organised person to help us create and maintain systems for stock management, production, and customer experience, to help things run seamlessly and elegantly. This role would be perfect for someone with good admin or production experience who would like to play a central role in a small creative business as it grows.
Who you are
- You appreciate what Mark+Fold is all about and would relish the opportunity to be part of our future
- You are enthusiastic about stationery, get excited about creating systems and organising things
- You are confident using digital systems like Excel, Google Docs, etc. and confident adopting new ones (including Shopify, Royal Mail)
- You have an interest in e-commerce, inventory and production management
- You're an instinctive problem-solver with good initiative
- You have professional experience as a producer, project manager, retail manager or administrator (or ability to demonstrate exceptional aptitude and potential)
- You're happy working in a creative start-up environment (lots of flexibility and independence, but also responsibility)
- You have neat hand-writing and wrapping skills
As a bonus you might also have:
- Professional experience in graphic design / print production
- Experience managing inventory / working in retail
- Knowledge of e-commerce
Once here you will
- Keep track of physical inventory in the studio and ensure our online systems correlate
- Confidently manage digital databases of stock, product details, suppliers, etc
- Manage re-ordering small items & assist with co-ordinating production of larger items at our factory
- Ensure the studio is organised and exceptionally well presented at all times
- Create systems / handbooks to ensure that orders go out on time and to our high standards of presentation (this may also involve hands-on fulfilment at times)
- Feed into the development of customer policies for returns, estimated shipping times etc
- Manage supplier relationships to ensure we’re using the best, most-efficient options
- Provide day-to-say admin support with product range planning, production, deliveries.
- Assist with general studio management
NB: as a small creative business, there will always be ad hoc tasks that arise and are difficult to predict. The ideal candidate will embrace this variability.
What Mark+Fold offers you
- A personal aspiration and development plan, reviewed every 3-6 months
- Generous stationery allowance and Friends & Family discount
- Opportunity to play a key role in a small business, with plenty of room to grow
- Being part of a creative brand during an exciting period of growth
- Flexibility in terms of days / hours (we are a family-run business and embrace flexibility, though there is limited scope for home-working, given the physical nature of our work)
- £23-25k per annum (pro rata), 3-4 days per week (or equivalent hours)
The role is based in Wood Green, North London (N22 6XJ).
- To ask a question, click here
- To apply, click here
- Deadline for applications: Tuesday 8th June
- Interviews will be held w/c 14th June
- Earliest start date: 28th June
We love working with a diverse range of people, united by our shared passion for stationery and organisation. We treat all job applications equally, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or any other equality characteristic. We actively encourage applications from black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds, as these groups are currently under-represented in the design industry.